As we all begin a new year of knitting, it’s important to have our supplies in order. Three simple tasks will make your knitting easier and more enjoyable.
- Clean out your yarn stash! Give partially-used skeins and colors you once liked (what were you thinking when you bought that?) to your local senior center or a friend who’s into crafts. Paring it down to the yarn you actually want to use makes it easier to grab a skein and KNIT!
2. Wind that yarn sitting in your closet! You’ve put off knitting that gorgeous sweater. Why? Because every time you have the urge to knit it, you realize the yarn is still in hanks…you’re in the mood to knit, NOT wind yarn! Need I state the obvious? Wound yarn begs to be knitted!
3. Purge old knitting patterns! We all hoard knitting patterns, on paper and electronically. Go through them and ask yourself a few questions:
- Already knitted it? BYE!
- Thought it was cute five or ten years ago? BYE!
- No more babies in your circle? BYE!
- Grabbed it just because it was free but it’s really not you? BYE!
- Inherited it along with your late aunt’s bent knitting needles? BYE!
Only keep patterns that EXCITE you or “go-to” patterns that come in handy for last-minute gifts.
With your yarn organized and wound, and your best patterns at your fingertips, it’s so simple and easy to FIND a project and start knitting!
Start the year fresh. Start the year strong. And you’ll knit wondrous things!
Happy Knitting in 2017!
The Knit Knoodler